Monday, October 18, 2010

Terrible Movie Review: The Expendables

Saw this movie when I was working on a movie set down in Seattle, probably one of the worst movies I have seen in awhile. Granted it was fun to watch with a group of movie enthusiasts while in an empty theater, I would almost say it was worth paying for.



zing!!



fuuuuuuuuuuuu



"I would have payed you twice as much.... to go fishing"

I could not find one of my favourite scenes from the movie. Anyway, in this scene Stallone is chasing down the villain who is making his way to a helicopter in the middle of a fucking warzone with his love interest. He picks up a torpedo and gives it to Terry Crews (the huge black guy with the shotgun),

Terry: what do you want me to do with it?
Stallone: throw it as far as you can!

Terry throws the torpedo directly at the helicopter from half a mile away, and Stallone empties 2 clips from his pistol on it while it is fucking airborne, and of course it explodes right over the helicopter foiling the villain's escape. Makes perfect sense to me.

15 comments:

  1. I overall thought this movie was meh. It was so packed with adrenaline that I couldnt even breathe. ioh well. GREAT REVIEW! Im supporting you man :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I am going to watch it...the trailer looked awful, just another hodge podge of lame action cliches and pruning old has-beens

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... I might wanna keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i have heard so many mixed reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, it was basically one long action scene with bits of plot and story squeezed in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. personally i want to see the heck out of this movie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally I never wanted to spend 11 bucks on seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i fukin KNEW IT!!

    my friend wanted to go watch this and i sayd: "fuck no! i wont watch that shit even if its free"

    awful movie probably

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't know any of these people in this movie. they should get some more notable names.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Really wanted to see it, but if it sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. there was nothing good playing that week, honestly

    ReplyDelete